Monday, June 2, 2014

Saturday Fun

Saturday I picked up Caleb for some garage sales and a friends' daughter's birthday party.  Caleb started off the day really crabby and that didn't really change throughout the day.  He did like the car ride and his new car seat I had gotten for him though!  He yelled at a few trucks passing by but mostly just looked out the window.  


We hit a bunch of garage sales and walked around my neighborhood for about 45 minutes.  Poor Caleb was like the boyfriend that gets dragged to the store to watch his girlfriend try on clothes.  Except I was trying to find some toys for him and his roommates.  They are pretty rough on everything so the girls try to get rid of things that are well…. grossified.  I don't blame them, when you have 4 boys that put everything in their mouth, it's better to be safe than sorry.  We found a total of ONE toy for them.  Guess that means we will just be hitting up more sales this summer. 

It seemed like he was okay with the heat until I got him back in the car and he had a heat rash.  I've had him out in the heat before and never have I seen him get heat rash.  We decided to walk around Toys R Us because frankly it was nice and air conditioned and who doesn't like toys!  We picked up a slip and slide for the next time I get him.  A few summers ago he played on one and loved it.  We'll do that in the next few weeks.  We also got a fan that connects to a stroller to try to keep him cooler next time and some cups with straws because he seems to like to drink from those and I'd love for him to ditch the sippy cups.  We looked for something Caleb could sit on to stay cool but couldn't find anything.  I have been researching this nifty thing called Geleeo, which is some kind of gel that sit within a stroller and pulls heat away from the child.  I've been looking for reviews to see what people think of it.  But for Caleb, who doesn't sweat and keeps all the heat in, this could really help keep him cool!  We'll see what I can find.



  Below is Caleb in the bathroom, I was trying to get him to play in the sink to cool off.  No such luck though.  He was so hot he left a cold rag on his neck.  I couldn't get him to drink anything the little stinker!  Scratch the garage sale searches for more toys, I will be going myself from now on!  
Poor thing.




 He started to perk up once he cooled down though so we went to Beef A Roo for some lunch.  We called Caleb's friend "S" at her group home to say hi but he wasn't too thrilled.  "S" was one of Caleb's first friends a the Center.  He likes to grab the knob on her power wheelchair to make her chair move.  

Beef A Roo definetly was the hit of the day.  Caleb ate chicken tenders, fries, juice (FINALLY drank something) and some spoonfuls of chocolate mint milkshake.  We usually sit in the back of the restaurant in case some chicken tenders decide to go flying.  There was a bonus that we sat by a window and Caleb could watch the cars passing by too.  Before we started our food the waitress came to give us two chocolates.  Caleb wanted those firsts so he scarfed those down and checked every inch of the wrapper to make sure I wasn't hiding any chocolate for myself.  Just to thank the nice lady who brought us the chocolate Caleb ripped up the chocolate wrappers and about four napkins and spread them on the floor for her.  I apologized to the waitress so much, but she just smiled and said no worries!  
Caleb liked looking at himself in the iPad movie.  The red coil thing is a key chain that Caleb likes to play with.  It keeps his hands busy and decreases the chance he pulls my hair!  When he gets really silly he wraps it sound his hands.  This day he took the little rubber tube at the bottom the keychain that he sometimes chews on and would get real close to the iPad screen and tap it.  Not sure if he was knocking to see if the person in the screen would answer?!   By the time we finished our food Caleb's heat rash was all the way gone and he was  laughing.

After the heat rash and then him perking up after Beef A Roo we decided to quit while we were ahead and go back to Caleb's house and skip the party.  He immediately ran to the couch and sat down.  Two of his roommates ran up to him and wanted to climb on him.  Caleb was so tired he didn't even care the boys were bothering him.  Next time, we will not be so adventurous and we'll make sure if we are outside that it is only to play on the slip and slide!  

In the coming weeks there are many adventures planned.  Caleb must get a hair cut.  The girls at the house love styling it with gel but June 14th is the State Special Olympics and he will be outside a lot and we need to keep him cool!  The State Special Olympics is in Peoria and Caleb's mom and maybe some other family will be going!  Caleb's birthday will be coming soon too and maybe some fun in the slip and slide.  

Here are some videos of Caleb.  I tried to get them when he was "talking" the most.  He was saying "mama" and "dada" a lot but I swear he also said "tickle-tickle" at one point.  










No comments:

Post a Comment